Submitting an Application
Presidio Real Estate Services is Ventura County’s #1 resource for rental properties. Our extensive database and resources allow Presidio to find the right property for you. Searching for your Home should be a fast and easy process.
- Start Your Search Find a home or homes you would like to see
- Complete your application online Secure Online Rental Application
- Download Application– Return via fax to 805-499-7070 or email
- Schedule an appointment
- Submit & Pay Your Aplication Fees
- Fill out the tenant contact form to find the right home for you and your family
- Anyone who is older than 18 must submit an application. If your income is not being used to qualify for the home, we still require you to submit an application. We run criminal and eviction checks on all prospective tenants.
- Pets: Please complete our pet information form. Additional fees and/or deposit may apply.
- Processing Time: It normally takes 1-2 business days to process your application unless you complete our online application. In some cases online applications can be approved with contingencies immediately.
- Security Deposit: This is typically 1.5 times the monthly rent.
- Move in funds: The full security deposit and first month’s rent is due at lease signing. A cashier’s check is required for all move – in funds. Some of the deposit will be used as a holding deposit until move-in. If you need additional time to secure funds ask our office for an exception ruling.
- Holding deposit: The holding deposit is used until you move-in to a property. If you cancel a signed lease agreement prior to move-in the owner may be entitled to keep part or all of the holding deposit.
- Home inspections: We may ask to see your current home
General Income Guidelines
Applicant’s income should be at a minimum, 2 times the monthly rent. Unverifiable income will not be considered.
Income Documentation Required
- 2 Paystubs dated within the last 30 days (4 if paid weekly)
- Bank Statement & Tax Return: Please provide 2 months of bank statement s showing deposits into your account and the most recent years tax return and schedule C
- College students whose parents will be paying rent, parents will need to be a guarantor on the lease. They will need to complete an application and provide all relevant asset and income information.
A minimum of 70% of the “established” credit must be positive. A minimum of three accounts must have a user history. We do not have a minimum credit score threshold. Our reports use a single or in some case dual agency credit score and a National Risk Score.
No previous evictions allowed. Some rental or ownership history is preferred. No late rent payments in the last 12 months. Applicants with Foreclosures will be considered and pending review of income and credit file.
Employment & Assets
We prefer a minimum of six months of continuous employment at the same employer or in the same field of work.
Once your application has been approved all adults must sign the lease agreement within 2 business days and provide us with a deposit. The home will stay on the market until all agreements are signed and the deposits are collected.
Documentation Needed To Process an Application
- 3 Page Application
- 2 Pay-Stubs
- 2 Months Bank Statements, Tax Return pages 1-2 & Sched C (if self employed)
- Photo ID
- Application Fee $30.00
Applications Can Be Submitted the Following Ways
Use our secure online application. You can complete an application and in some cases, receive instant approval . Each adult needs to complete their own application. Secure Online Application.
Presidio Real Estate Services
1000 Newbury Rd # 170
Thousand Oaks, Ca 91320
Thank You for your interest in our properties. Our staff will do their best to process your application as quickly as possible. Normal processing time if we have a complete application package is 2 business days. There is a minimum $30 Application Processing Fee per Adult Applicant. This can be paid online at our website using a debit or credit card, or by cash or check. We will provide you a copy of your credit report. If you would like to discuss your credit report with our staff please schedule a phone appointment. We are experts at analyzing credit reports and can work with you to help improve your credit score.