If you are a landlord or property manager in the city of Moorpark be prepared. The City of Moorpark has implemented a rental housing inspection/permit program to help provide quality rental housing in the city. This permit process went into effect in 2007. The city claims this is to help provide quality rental properties within city limits. The extra cash brought in doesn’t hurt either. A quick overview of the permit process is outlined below.
How the process works,
- Pay the Permit and business registration fees. ($300 approx) .
- Schedule a physical inspection of the property.
- Perform any repairs reccomended by the city.
- Once completed, obtain permit.
- In future years the city will do a drive-by or exterior inspection.